I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It was too cute... I had to make one!!

After seeing Lois's bag I had to make one. I couldn't resist. It was just too stinkin' cute!! I did alter the pattern slightly after seeing her bag. The size of the bag has not changed but I adjusted the curves on the face of the bag.



Here's how I put mine together.
Cut and scored all of the shapes as necessary.
Embossed all of the orange cardstock with the "bubbles" Cuttlebug embossing folder

Prefolded all of the score lines
On the long center strip that becomes the center and side walls of the bag there are additional score lines which will become a gusset. You don't have to fold them but if you do, this is how it will look:


On either side of the base/side wall strips are tabs that need to be folded in see picture above). Adhered the tabs to the face and back wall of the bag. You can stand the walls straight up and down or at a slight angle. In the picture below you can see I adhered mine at a slight angle.


Fold up all of the walls on the decorative outter base piece. To adhere, I put glue in the bottom and set the bag inside. The one-by-one I glued each of the walls to the bag.


Glue the patches in place.
Feed the straps through buckles. You can use metal buckles or do like I did and use my buckles file to cut silver buckles. Adhere the buckles and straps to the patches.
Attach the tag around one of the straps.
Voila! High fashion made from paper!!


I hope this will help answer any questions on how the bags are put together. Enjoy!

  • Cartridge: George
  • .cut or gypsy files availableClick HERE for more information.  ( Please specify which file/format you want when you donate.  Thank you.)
  • Papers: DCWV
  • Cuttlebug and Embossing folder (Bubbles)


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
You have GOT to check out Sandy's "Coach" purse. She did such a fantastic job! Thanks for sharing Sandy!!
Brenda was able to take my file and recreate it for her Pazzles! How cute is this?!
Linda made a purse and posted it on her blog! She used some cute denim looking patterned paper. Her friend loved it. Thanks for sharing Linda!

24 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I just had to hurry over and see this fabulous purse! It is beautiful!!

    Thanks so much for your unique creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just to cute!! Great job!! I love your work!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Robbin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks GREAT! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purse and your instructions are great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this creation

    pammie~k

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute purse! Getting ready for a baby shower and can see this could be useful for give away gifts for something unique. Thanks for sharing.
    seowsiany@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Spectacular! I just have to have this. Thanks Jen you are the Best!
    lydiapagew@yahoo.com

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're purses are amazing. You should work directly for cricut. Can I please have the link to this purse.

    Thank you,
    Katia

    Rebehkaink@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really love this purse for my mom's birthday.

    Thanks,
    Katia

    Rebehkaink@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your purse..
    I would love the file..

    toobescrapbooking@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo jen do you still have the cutfile for this one, I love this purse. Would love to receive the file.
    Thanks so mutch for sharing.
    Hug Linda
    snatertje@home.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jen, through Linda I got your blog and I absolutely love the purse here. Would you be so kind to share the cut file with me?
    Thank you.

    Emmy

    emmy_bouwman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your purse.
    Would you be so kind to send the file to me
    Thank you

    Harma
    harcor@shaw.ca
    21-02-09

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your purse.
    Would you be so kind to send the file to me
    Thank you
    netty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen,

    This is so cute - i would love to have the cut file!

    cricut@changingleaves.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your purses are so cute. Could you please send me the .cut file for this one also. I guess I am on a ourse kick.
    Thanks
    Donna
    dmcervantez@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen,

    I just love this purse! Is it possible to get the cut file for it as well as the cut file for the bikini card you made a while back. Thanks...

    Renee Wagner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jen...I would LOVE this cut file!! (or any of your purse cut files!). I have a friend really into purses and this would be perfect for a gift card. Thank you so much for all you do! scrappincindy@gmail.com Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen another killer design. Please can I make one?

    blouw2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jen, what a wonderful bag. I would love the cut file. thank you Faye. ftefft@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pleas share cut file sabrenia@therapyforkids.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jen,
    I enjoy your blog and all of your great projects. You do such great work that it encourages me to try out many of your designs. I'm not good at it yet, but I am courageous enough to continue to try.
    Will you please send me your cut file of the designer purse when you have time?
    Thanks!
    goodfamilygirl2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thansk so much Pooh0200@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great bag. Love the your designs. Thanks for sharing and giving all the detail about what cartridge and how to change.
    Tammy
    Tamkat2@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!