I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tinkerbell saga continues....

So sometime in May a lady started getting on my case about recreating Tink in DS and that it was copyrighted and illegal and all that.

UGH! now what?!?! All this time and now I'm doing something that is illegal? Is that possible? Well, I thought to myself... How is this any different than buying a "How to Draw Tink" book and drawing tink with a pencil on paper? My intentions were good. I am an honest person and if for no other reason, I'm going to finish for myself.
So, I started with more details to her face (what good is a head without a face, right?)

From there i went to her neck, shoulders, hands and arms, bodice, wings....

And then got burned out a bit. So a friend on the message board [ErinSwain] asked if she could finish her. SURE! I'm ready to move on to a new project. Go for it.
She whipped out the bottom of her dress, her legs, feet and shoes and Voila! Tink was done.

While blogger was down for maintenance earlier I went back to the message board to reread ... wow 19 pages! Holy cow!! And still going strong. People are still finding the thread and posting to it every couple of days. And of course, requesting the file. Oh, and if you haven't seen it, Erin cut out our Tink creation and posted a pic (click on pic for larger pic)

17 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh....Tinkerbell is beautiful!! I never saw the finished product until now. I just *love* her! great job both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't now the bottom of her was done! That is great! Just so you know... the link took me to mediafire and it said it was set to "private".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jen for all your hard work. I love tink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you are always so kind to share all your hard work to others
    Thanks
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both did an awesome job creating Tinkerbell. Thanks
    Angie Person

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of stopped following Tinkerbell - but I LOVE her! Good work everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow as usual I am totaly impressed. Thank You so much for sharing your files with us.Have a great day
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jen (and Erin). Tink is beautiful. I remember when this first started. I'm glad to see that she is finally finished. I'm glad that you stuck with it. I don't believe that you did anything wrong. You were just drawing with your computer instead of a paper and pen.

    Hugs,
    Katie (puglady)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for Tink, my DD loves her and I am working on a scrap page right now that your Tink will work perfect for. Thanks again for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you JenC and ErinS. My daughter especially thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen,

    Wow, Tink turned out amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Karen Hilaire

    ReplyDelete
  12. great work!! She looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could I have the tink file please.
    Thanks
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is the cut file still available for this lovely Tink? If so, I would love to have it.

    jkm1950@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute I would love this cut file
    Je it is so cute.
    lydiapagew@yahoo.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tink is wonderful. Would you send me the cut file
    carrie_4@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!