I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Muh Gweeeeze!

Ok... for those that don't know, my son is deaf. We discovered this when he was almost 18 months old. He has bilateral (both ears) profound (90+decibel) hearing loss. In layman's terms, it means if he stood at the front of a car and someone honked the horn he might hear it at a whisper level. (whoa!)

So, when my son was almost 2yrs old he received his first cochlear implant and 4 months later he received his second one. He is attending a school that is teaching him how to listen and how to speak.

Why do I tell you this? Cuz, for some random reason he can say all kinds of words but "milk" comes out as "muh" and "please" sounds like "gweeze" LOL Thus, the explanation for the title of the post.

Which brings me to the reason for my post. JoanneH wanted a small milk carton. I remembered getting one from Narelle several months ago but I never opened it. When I went to open it to see how she made it I was faced with the ominous Time/Date error. Grr! So, thanks Narelle for motivating me to make my own LOL.

JoanneH posted a finished small milk carton on the cricut message board. It works! :o) Thanks Joanne!!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen. I can't wait to cut this milk carton. Great for Halloween goodies.

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did a wonderful job decorating her milk carton, & like usual you did a wonderful job designing! Thanks for all your help Jen. TammyKlein

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded this - and I can't wait to try it!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    I just love your talent and you are so inspiring and generous. Could you please share your milk carton and milk holder file with me. It would be greatly appreciated.

    You can e-mail to me or PM me.

    Thank You very much,
    Belinda Savadge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belinda... You didn't leave your email adress and I don't know your message board ID. :( Please assist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen - I sent you a PM on the msg board too but thought I'd write here too! :) Can I get the milk carton and holder file in PS? (from this thread http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=3239512 )I don't seem to find it on send space. Thanks so much!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love your milk carton cut! You are so awesome for sharing!!

    Sara Wise
    wiseguys@mtaonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course I need the cartons to go in the carrier! LOL! Thanks!

    KSilvia2007@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i so like that milk carton... is it alright if i could get the cut file for it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is awesome. I can hardly wait to make this with the holder.

    Thanks, you are a sweet person
    Cindy
    busyangel1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!