I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mmmmm! Take out!

So the other day I was driving home from errands. We (my son and I) had a terrific time at the audiologist. He's testing very well with his cochlear implants **Big Smiles**

Anyway, by the time we finished there and ran a couple other errands I was in starvation mode and craving Greek food in a huge way. So we drove over to Phoenicia and got some take out! Mmmm!! I love their shawarma chicken and roasted red pepper hummus with a big salad (tomatoes, cucumber , onion and feta cheese....) Yummmmmmm! My eyes were much bigger than my tummy. John and I are still snacking on the left overs.

Porter doesn't know what he's missing. I got home and served up a plate for him and he said... "Pizza" HAHAHA! Truthfully, I was just glad he was hungry and asking for food. Every day I make him a snack and lunch for school and everyday I pick him up and he hasn't touched it. He ends up eating some of the crackers on the way home in the car. He loves Wheat Thins, Sundried Tomato Basil flavor. We were walking through the grocery store one time. Down the cracker isle we go looking for munchies. The Wheat Thins section was quite large... rows of yellow boxes... Porter was the first to spot it; the Sundried Tomato & Basil box with the red banner on it. He knew exactly what he wanted!

Just like when we're near the cookies... that blue Oreo package catches his eye EVERY time!

Enough chatting about food... here's what I created: a small 2x2 take out box! Those angles were a bit of a pain to deal with. I REALLY should have paid closer attention in Geometry.


Read about using your cricut to score cardstock here.

29 comments:

  1. We had chinese tonight and I saved the handles...my family thinks I am nuts...TFS

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome box. I was thinking about having Gengis (sp) grill tomorrow for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did I leave my wire! Ill be creating forever....so much for house work! LOL

    Thanks Jen

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! There are so many uses for a box like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done it again!! My daughter always thought these were so cute and wanted to make one...now we can!

    TKS

    linda4_2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Jen for the cute box! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect, thanks for sharing your talent. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...I have been searching for a takeout box.

    Thanks...
    Kiesla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen I love your work it is great! I hope to one day have a small amount of the talent you have. I love this box and would love the pattern if you are still sharing it. Thanks

    Jewel
    DavidnJewel@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I please have the takeout box cut file. Thank you.

    jkm1950@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was another on my sizzix wish list. May I have the cut file?
    Bytesprite@wilkes.net
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it is not too late, I would love this file.

    Lynn
    brwnseystwin@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, really cute. Gosh, the talent continues to amaze. Please, please the cut file.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, your amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Would love to have this file. Thanks again, Debbie
    tttthomas@dcdi.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. The take out box is great. Again, your talents are unlimited. I'd like the cut file if it is still available.

    Gwen DeBok
    gdebok@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love this cut file! It's adorable. You are so creative.

    ~Diana
    dadams613@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen,

    Can I get this file too? My latest project is felt fortune cookies and I would love to have a take out box I made myself to present them in. Thanks! amybeth.dehaven@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Can you send me the .cut file for your takeout box? Its super cute! Please send to czrena@gmail.com. Can you also tell me how to use it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! I'd love to have the cut file. tbcam@rochester.rr.com

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jen - love your little take out box - if sharing I would love to give it a twirl...

    TIA,

    WVCathy
    cdickman2522@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have searched and searched for this shape! Why didn't I come here first? You're the best! May I have this cut file? Thanks so much for sharing. bigc1946@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Jen! Your boxes are great. Thanks so much for sharing. Could I please get the file for the take out box? amymorris80@aol.com Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jen

    I would love to have a copy of this cut file.
    Thanks
    tbdthomp@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jen,
    These takeout boxes are adorable!! I would love tohave the cutfile.
    Thanks,
    Pat
    pwells1@hvc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a cute little box - what a great box for little gifts. I would love to have the cutfile please.

    Thanks,
    Helen
    helen.gunther@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing
    jaam1234@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much Pooh0200@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!