I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hurricane glass

When I found this request on the mesage board I thought, "This one will be easy!" I had received my Granny's hurricane glasses when she passed away so I knew exactly what she wanted.

Although the requester only asked for the glass, I went ahead and added the candle and candlestick to help others see what it was I created in case they didn't know what a hurricane glass was. Again, all George except for the 1/2 circle detail from Plantin Schoolbook.



***UPDATE*** as it turns out, this one isn't nearly as easy as I thought. What I thought she meant by "hurricane glass" was not what I made. In fact, she wanted a hurricane glass that looked more like a glass. So with a few presto-change-o changes I was able to alter my first design to create this second one.

  •   .cut or gypsy files availableClick HERE for more information.  (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you donate. Thank you.)
  • Also available in PDF or SVG format. Let me know if this is what you need.

7 comments:

  1. presto-change-o... easy for you to say!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. presto-change-o... easy for you to say!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job on both Jen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jen,

    You've done it again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Jen,

    I found your blog from the message boards. I just got my cricut expressions (have the baby bug) and instead of installing it, I spent all morning reading blogs. You are one of the most talented artists I've seen. Your cut files and designs leave me in awe. Would you be able to help me design a word book for "Chauncey"? He's my daughter'spuppy and I thought it would a cute gift. Also, is there a pattern for a nugget box to hold 4 nuggets? I'm thinking if I can tear myself away from these boards I might try my hand at designing. I also wanted to let you know that your tutorials make Perfect sence to me and I actually understood them. thanks again, susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jenn- can I please get the cut file for this. I am looking for champagne glasses or martini glasses but this might work. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, I would love to have the cut files on the hurricane glasses. You did a wonderful job on both! Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent!!
    Marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!