I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Can I have fries with that?

I'm really not a junkfood junkie but there are times when a french fry just has to be had! I am a bit of a fry snob. Not any old fast food fry stop will do. They have to be FRESH. They have to have some salt on them and they must NOT be mushy or floppy. They need to be GOOD otherwise where's the payoff for adding a million calories to my hips?? And since I've noticed that from one fast food shop to the next they aren't consistent I can't even recommend ONE fast food place that is THE place to get them. If anyone wants to give me a name of their fav fry place I'd be happy to check them out to see how they stand up to my expectations! Current fav place is probably Red Fish restaurant where they make super yummy sweet potato fries. Mmmm! And guess what? Sweet potatoes are a super food which means they are better for you than white potatoes.... kinda like dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate. LOL (ok, so maybe a little rationalization probably gave me my fabulous curves!)

Anyway, jNo (yes, another Jen!) asked me to create a fry box for DS/Cricut to cut. She asked that I use this idea for my inspiration when I create my design. Super cute box!
I have not cut my DS file yet but I hope it works. Currently only available in George, but I promise I'll get around to creating in PS soon.

  • Small fry box is baby bug compatible

    If anyone is willing to make a sample of these files so I can post a picture or a link to a picture of how these turn out I would be for ever grateful. :0)

    ***Oct 1, 2008: If you previously downloaded the LARGE file please replace it with the new Large fry box file. I accidentally posted it before it was finished. Sorry for the inconvenience! ***

    Check out Nina's CUTE frybox gifts that she created for her daughter's graduating class. SO very cute!

    23 comments:

    1. Another amazing file! Thanks!
      Lynn

      ReplyDelete
    2. Jeh - This is a great fry box - I love the shape! I love the McDonald's fries the best - but they have to be hot for me.

      Thank you so much for sharing the files - I love your designs.

      Laurel

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you Jen for the box. I am planning on making some Halloween treat boxes with the cut. The class my daughter is student teaching in does not have a room mother (22 children). So I signed up to be the room mother while she is teaching. Doing a bulletin board now for Halloween.

      SallyW

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ok, I love McDonalds fries and they have to be hot! Now for the box, I will try and cut it tomorrow. Just finished 35 Kung Fu Panda's. I will send you the group photo tomorrow.

      Lois

      ReplyDelete
    5. Can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I thought this sounds like a cool idea. I am going to cut it out now. How can I send you the pic?

      ReplyDelete
    7. This is a great idea! I'm with you... sweet potato fries! Try them with ranch dressing for dipping or the ultimate... marshmallow cream!! LOTS of curves with that, but oh so yummy!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Neat file. Could be used for lots of items.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love this!! So many ideas running through my mind for uses for the fry box. Thanks for sharing.
      Cindy

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks for the file!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. You are awesome, Jen! I made a bunch of these a few years ago...bought fries from McDonalds just so I could take the box apart and trace it onto cardstock...and now you've made life so much easier! Thank you for always so generously sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    12. LindaG wants to thank you for creating this and being so kind as to share it! I've looked for this file for some time. Just downloaded the file, cut it in red cardstock and will be using it to hand out Christmas goodies!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Great job. Thanks for sharing all your hard work. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Thanks for all yoou do. Love the putter.

      ReplyDelete
    15. you are just so talented there is an award waiting on my blog for you!

      ReplyDelete
    16. So glad to see you have a blog. You have great files, thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Thank you for the fry boxes!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Made my Halloween goodies this year using your small fry box. They came out so cute and were a big hit with our friends at work. I called them "spooky fries" LOL! As always, Jen, your cut files are awesome...thank you!
      You can take a peek at them at:
      http://astarforchiemi.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    19. Jen, I was asking about a fry box and someone on the Cricut directed me to you. May I please have these files? You can email me at: nolatcher@yahoo.com
      TFS

      June

      ReplyDelete
    20. Hi Jen,

      I've been wanting to try out these French Fries boxes. May I please have the .cut files for your fry boxes? Thank You!

      Marlene
      hearts0314@msn.com

      ReplyDelete
    21. Please may I have the cut files for both the Large and Small French Fry Boxes? Have been looking for cut file for DS to use for Halloween. My niece has a chocolate mold to make severed "fingers" and this box would make a great holder for them for school party. I am already thinking of other ways to use boxes. Thanks so much. You're very talented and generous to share. Sharon bigc1946@yahoo.com

      ReplyDelete
    22. Not sure if first request was done right so am trying again. May I have the cut files for the Large and Small French Fry Boxes? My niece has chocolate mold to make severed "fingers" and this would be perfect holder for them. TIA Sharon bigc1946@yahoo.com

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!