I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Boo book.... again

Today I had a list of projects to work on, but decided I really, REALLY needed to make something from paper and not just on DS. I had intended to have my next paper project to be a Christmas themed idea I've been concocting in my brain, but that was before I created the Boo Book file. Since October comes before December Boo book took top placement on the To-Do list.

Hope you like it.
clack cardstock: Bazzill, vine embossed
decorative papers: DCWV, K&Co
Black suede paper: (on the cat, bird, spider) The Paper Co. I think.
Glitter glue in purple, green, orange, yellow, mystic black
Bound using Bind-It-All
Chalks: Stampin' Up!
Markers



Here is the book open and standing up. You can really see the embossing on the black cardstock.

Sorry about the blurry pic... Chalked the whiskers and the detail cuts. Glitter glue on nose and eyes.

This Looks amazing in person. Blended glitter glues on each mist coming from the cauldron. Cauldron chalked with white, grey and black for dimension. Bubbling ooze was colored with green marker then glitter glued with yellow.

Bird was cut using suede paper and then chalked with white and grey and glitter glue was added for more effect.

Accidentally mixed the "O's" up... but it still turned out ok. Again, mixed the glitter glues for the 'labels' or the fluids inside the bottles. Bottles are adhered on foam so they are lifted up off the page

Hard to see it but the froggy is outlined with green glitter glue. And he's mounted on foam so he's popped up off the page.

Jack-O-Lantern is mounted on foam also

Web is attached to page but spider is on foam dot so it's lifted off the page.


I hope you'll give it a try! It was super fun to create.
Check it out! My friend Dawn created a boo book and published it on her blog! So cute!!

.cut or gypsy files availableClick HERE for more information.  (Donate button is at the top right. Please specify which file/format you want when you purchase.  Thank you.)

30 comments:

  1. Oh Jen your book is AWESOME! Do you want to make mine now?? You are so creative and well....I can't think of all the things to say because you are ONE IN A MILLION! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What talent you have, your work is wonderful, it is very kind of you to share. I hope this let's you know your kindness is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,

    Your talent is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, that is just adorable. I don't have all the carts, but I did download your .cut files. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, i keep trying to leave a thank you and it doesn't show up.
    thank you!!!!! this is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, it turned out so awesome. I can't believe how fantastic it came out. I am so impressed. You are amazing. My favorite part is the little frog. He is so cute on top of the "O". Thank again for sharing your .cut file.

    Linda C (MamaChin)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats just too cute..love the frog added in! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE this Boo Book! You put so much thought into it and it's very striking! Thank you for a wonderful scraplift opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this book!! Thank you for sharing all these great creations with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like this book. thank you for taking the time for sharing it. i can not wait to try it.
    joanne h

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC! Love the frog!

    SallyW

    ReplyDelete
  12. jen provo craft need to hire you to be a designer/teacher. thanks for everything you do for us gals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a very talented lady.
    This is a very cut "BOO" book.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great day.
    Take care,
    marcia

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY JEN !!!!
    ANOTHER GREAT PROJECT
    YOU ARE SOOOO AMAZING
    I LOVE ALL YOUR WORK....
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING
    WANDA

    ReplyDelete
  15. To say this is a work of art is an understatement!!! This is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen

    I am fairly new to CDS and your creations are inspiring. Thanks for being so generous in your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is bootiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your boo book is awesome. You are the most creative person ever and I am so grateful that you are willing to share your files and creativity with us. I love your blog too.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jen: I love your blogs and creations. you are so talented. I have always wondered how I could work my DS. with your tutorials. I am now inspired. I am going to go and make something. I will send pics. Thank you. tracy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This book is awesome. I love your designs. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing the cut files.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is sooo cute. I love to look at your work-it always gives me inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us!

    CM&CricutJunkie!
    aka:Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your BOO word book was amazing...could I please have the cut file to give it a try..
    Lindamcintosh@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow that is just beautiful, great job-brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want to make this for my grandkids this year.

    This is another awesome project.

    Thanks,
    Cindy
    busyangel1@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome job on the cut and the finished work. I'd like to get the cut file if it's still available


    Thanks,
    barbaralowen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great book. I would love a copy if the cut file. my3gyrlz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome! I'd love the file. I don't have DS. I have SCAL will it still work? rmblejeune@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. May I please have this cut file?
    rmblejeune@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jen! I'd really like this file to complete my son's Halloween album. Thanks!

    rmblejeune@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!