I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another First... My First ATC SWAP!

I've always heard that SWAPs were fun. I have wanted to participate but knew I was limited on time. For my first SWAP a scrapbook themed exchange seemed a bit intimidating. And let's face it, Porter's book is nearly empty. How was I going to make layouts for others if I wasn't even doing layouts for him. LOL But Leah asked so sweetly when she invited me.... ATCs are small (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") . She also kept the group small (just 10 people). It seemed like something I could accomplish easily.

Well, when I have a deadline I try my best not to procrastinate. This wasn't even due till Oct 15th but I knew if I waited till after Porter started school I might not get it done. Here's what I came up with. Sorry about the blurry pic.



Dress, flower & round tags were created in DS using George and Plantin Schoolbook
Pink layer of dress was mounted to black layer, black sash and black flower. Hole punched using Fiskars 1/16" hole punch and silver brad added.
White cardstock embossed with swissdot embossing folder (Cuttlebeug), corners were snipped using Fiskars scallop scissors, then inked it with silver inkpad
Dress was mounted on foam to white layer. White layer also mounted on foam to black layer.
Black layer of ATC is suede paper I found at Michael's.
Pink cardstock is from DCWV stack (yellow on reverse).
"Sweet" is handwritten on white round tag, mounted to pink round tag.
Round tag hung using jump rings on silver ribbon, all from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. These are so CUTE!!! I just did 3 different ATC swaps I sure Hope I am on the one U was..LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy of your cut file. This is beautiful. I have two daughters that would enjoy something like this.

    Maria
    emaciaz@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love everying!1 I want them all!

    allie060889@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you do such beautiful work, I would love the cut file of that dress when you finish it.
    Thank you,
    email me at
    Sweetdrops45@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love it too WHen U r ready.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!