I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

3-Part, Pinch Top Box

I keep seeing these really fun boxes where the creator uses acetate for the center section and then they use paper or cardstock for the top and the bottom. Some used actual acetate boxes and just covered the top and bottom. I decided to give it a try.

Ok...so this is how I did it...

Needed supplies:
Acetate
Decorative cardstock or paper (I used DCWV)
Redliner or super double stick tape
George cartridge
Cricut machine (any size) and Design Studio software

Cut out and score the pieces. Prefold on all of the score lines. Put double stick tape on the bottom, top and 1/2" flap of the acetate. (that red lined area is the acetate with redliner double stick tape around the 3 sides)


Attach the cardstock to acetate using the score/fold lines to line it up correctly. (uh, yeah... acetate is clear LOL.... but it's there. In the middle. Really. See the last piece of redliner backing at the top of the picture?)


Roll up box and attach along the side seam. Finally! You can see the acetate.


Decorate the box. I created a scallop circle for the top (included in the cut file) and added a couple skittles. Added strips of decorative paper (DCWV) around the top and bottom.
Reverse fold the sides (there is a score line there) and pinch to top of the box closed and close it up any way you'd like. I folded the scallop circle over the top edge and glued it down to hold the box closed.
I inserted the homemade biscotti in through the bottom of the box before using a piece of redliner tape to close it. (No glue came in contact with the food.)


A view from the side

Finished size is approximately 9 3/4" tall, 3 1/2" wide and 1 1/2" deep.
Didn't the box turn out cute? What a fun gift to give to say Thanks or Thinking of You... I will use this one over and over.
Read about scoring using your cricut here.

22 comments:

  1. How do you keep doing it? Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! It looks so hard to put together, but your explanation is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I look forward to making homemade treats and a bag to put them in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always. I love your work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, thank you for sharing your cool box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome box! And your directions are so easy to follow. Thanks so much for the file!

    mommyof2

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Thank you for sharing it. I can use it so much

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid box cut. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the file, Jen.

    Marjorie Smith

    ReplyDelete
  10. great box especially with the holidays coming

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome Jen. Thanks for sharing the cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that my computer is finally working again, I can make your box for some Halloween treats.

    Thanks for all of your great designs, Jen.

    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another great project Jen. I am thinking of this for Christmas cookies for the people in my office. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WooHoo tried making these the other day and am so happy to find a cricut pattern. Thanks Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jen
    Thanks again for your cut files here.
    I am hoping to use the pinch top box and the purse box for Christmas goodies for the family so thank you for having these available and making it one less thing I have to sort out!
    Raewyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea Jen. Could I have your cut file for this also.
    Thanks for sharing your cut files.
    brandy_ns2000@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!
    HomewithMichelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would really love a copy of this file also
    thanks so much
    tracemine2@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. 1-11-2010
    Hi, Jen.
    Please send this file to me again - the cd I burned it to somehow got "corrupted". My DIL has been making biscotti and I'd like to make some of your boxes for her to use.

    Thanks so much.
    PJ (Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is great, I would love the cut file if you are sharing.Where do you get your Acetate. Is it someting you can purchase at a craft store.
    Thanks
    Sandi
    sandisgunner@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!